The materials were simple. 4 types of fabric, some felt for the stem and leaves, at the time, I didnt know if I was going to fill it with sand or stuffing. Sand is good to sharpen the pins and needles but I had no idea if my closure was going to be secure enough to actually put sand in the pin cushion. I got the pattern (which you see in the picture) online from a regular google query. All systems were a go.
According to the directions I needed 6 pieces of fabic all cut out into this nifty shape. I was really happy with my color scheme, I intended to make a wallet or small change purse with these colors but I couldn't find the right pattern, plus I was worried about the white fabric holding up against every day use, so I opted to use them for the pin cushion. Once I had all my pieces cut I combined them, attached the stem which I made out of brown felt and I left a small hole at the bottom in order to turn the pear inside out and then stuff it wilth the stuffing. All went okay until I saw my pear transform before my eyes into a giant smurf squash!
Once I began adding the stuffing I was at a point of no return, it was late, I was tired and I was not about to stitch and pick the whole thing to refine the pattern, so I stuffed and sculpted, sculpted and stuffed until the seams were about to burst. What I was left with was this lovely colorful squash shaped pear. I really dig my leaf :) It's the best part, in my opinion