Saturday 16 April 2011

Wanderlust

Wanderlust - noun - very strong or irresistible impulse to travel
Image from whatevermethinks tumblr


I am a self diagnosed travel junkie. I have a problem, I like to walk the earth in my spare time. It wasn't always like this, I remember shortly after college a good friend of mine lived and worked in Paris, France. She would encourage me to visit and I simply had zero interest. Hell, growing up in New Jersey, California was foreign enough, who had time for berets and smelly cheeses. I'LL PASS! In my twenty something year old mind I had all I needed right there in big ol' awesome America. Family, friends, electricity, running water and indoor plumbing, America was the bomb and anything else was uncivilized.


In late 2006 I started travelling to London for work. Prior to London I had been to the Carribean and Canada, London seemed like the ideal place for me to make my European debute, considering it was an English speaking country..kinda. I finally was offered a permanent position in London after a year of hopping back and forth across the pond. London was amazing, although expensive, I even had a small circle of friends, naptural divas that I had met online from napturality. (YEAH INTERNETS!!) Living in London also provided me the chance to travel to nearby European countries on the main continent. I learned what a city break was, and quite easily became accustomed to popping over to an entirely different country and having a 3 day crash course. I traveled by plane, train and automobile to many different cities. Once I had been bitten by the travel bug I was hooked and set my sites to more distant lands.

I still haven't ventured to Asia for more than a layover, I want to hit up Thailand in the near future. I have been shamefully negligent of Africa. I have been to Morocco, but Kenya is on my list as well as South Africa and Egypt OMG. I feel so blessed to have had so many of these opportunities. Below I will share some pictures from some of the places I have visited so far. I still have many adventures planned, so stay tuned.

Budapest, Hungary
Rabat, Morocco

London, England
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Prague, Czech Republic
Rekjavik, Iceland
Barcelona, Spain
Istanbul, Turkey
Las Vegas, Nevada

Miami, Florida
Munich, Germany
Rome, Italy
Baja California, Mexico
Copenhagen, Denmark
Paris, France

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've really gotten to see the world! I haven't really been outside the country yet but I'm getting my passport soon and I can't wait to experience a new atmosphere in another country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you still have the freedom to do that... I miss those days now I'm a bit more restricted with the children.

    Gave you a stylish blogger award http://lovelifelocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bajan lily Oh boy!! I will check it out, thanks so much.
    I realize as soon as kids come into the equation the types of adventures will be slightly different :P Glad to see you smiling, love :)

    @retro, if need any advice let me know, it can be an expensive habit but well worth it

    ReplyDelete